HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Thanksgiving is in less than a month!? Since when??

Excuse me, but where in the world did the time go? This is the first week in a longggg time that I actually have time to breathe, so that's probably why you haven't seen a blog from me in awhile. Well, where to begin? First off, I'm semi-stress free!!! All of my graduate school applications for Occupational Therapy have been submitted! I now just have a few supplemental applications that I have to complete, and then it's mainly just a waiting game. I am applying to 9 different schools around the midwest. I couldn't exactly tell you my top choice just because I have yet to visit all of the schools I am applying to. I really just want to see where I will be accepted and then go visit the schools. I decided that would be the logical thing to do since it would save me time AND money.

Other than being occupied with graduate school applications, I've continued working with the Liberal Arts Development and Alumni Relations Office. They've been keeping me super busy this semester with special events going on including Homecoming, the dedication of the brand new Brian Lamb School of Communication, and more! Our own College of Health and Human Sciences has me busy with with the HHS Strategic Planning Committee. We've been busy all semester trying to figure out our college's mission, vision, and goal for the coming years. Our HHS Student Council just held its annual Silent Auction before the Homecoming game. We raised $3880!!!!! ALL funds go towards the Mary Louise Foster Scholarships, which is one of the only student sponsored scholarships left on campus. We were super excited that the auction was so successful. This is the most we have ever received, so we're PUMPED that the scholarships are getting bigger and bigger each year.

Other extracurriculars I've been busy with include: Rotaract Club, Golden Key International Honor Society, Occupational Therapy/Physical Therapy Club, as well as Purdue Foundation Student Board (PFSB). For Rotaract, we have our annual Trick-or-Treat for Cans coming up. During normal trick-or-treat hours, our organization trick-or-treat for cans rather than candy. All of the can goods will be donated to our local Food Finders Food Bank to help those in need during the holiday season. For Golden Key and OT/PT Club, I am organizing different volunteer ideas such as dog walking for Natalie's Second Chance, which is a no-kill dog shelter, as well as caroling and holiday activities at a local retirement home. For PFSB, we have been busy this semester hosting President's Council tailgates and other fun activities before home football games for returning alumni and their families.

As you can see, my semester has been jam packed with school, extracurriculars, and work. Even my resesarch with Dr. Laura Claxton has been going great! The babies coming into our Lifespan Motor Development Lab for our research studies have been absolutely adorable. I LOVE working with infants, and we have had some super cute ones in the lab lately. Other than all that, life has been going swell. I can't believe that we're almost done with the fall semester. My senior year is flying by wayyyyy too fast! Hope all of you have been having a great year! Always remember....

BOILER UP!

--- Elise Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment