HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oh how I miss...

This upcoming week is when the Purdue campus comes back to life for another great year! With BGR in full swing and all students moving back, West Lafayette is going to experience some excitement in the air. August 17th is the date I've been looking forward to since the day I walked out the door of Zeta Tau Alpha at the end of Spring semester. Summer is a time that I always looked forward to in my high school days. In college, somehow that changes.

Purdue is now my home. Living in a sorority house with 90 girls is home. To some, a home away from home may sound crazy. The friends you make during your college experience are more than just hometown friends. They are your rock that gets you through the struggles of being homesick or upset about an exam. My best friends are not only in my sorority, but also in my major. I have had classes with the same group of girls since my freshman year. We study together, we do homework together, we take notes together, we have fun together. My friends are what I miss!

Boiler Up! Football games are right around the corner! The atmosphere of a Saturday football game in West Lafayette is one of my favorite settings. Waking up early in the morning to get in game mode is what any true Boilermaker does. At Zeta we wake up, put on some face tatoos, beads, and our jerseys, and make our way up to Slater Hill for some pre-game excitement! The band is playing off in the background, Alumni are reuniting, and the college kids are gearing up for the big game! Football season is what I miss!

Classes... what a drag, right? Not for this girl! School is something that I have finally found enjoyment in. First semester during my freshman year was a struggle for me. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I tossed around a few ideas and landed myself in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences. Going to class clicked with me second semester. Studying was no longer a drag and I was interested in what was talked about in class. So, believe it or not, learning is what I miss!

9 days and counting...

--- Lindsey Yarde

No comments:

Post a Comment