HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Forgot How Much I Love Purdue!

After being back at Purdue for a few weeks, I realized that I had forgotten how much I love it here. I love seeing the bustle of campus, and all of the students studying on the lawns and around the fountains. The nice weather really brings people outside, and it isn't uncommon to see groups of people outside throwing around a Frisbee or kicking a soccer ball back and forth. I even saw a guy lying in a hammock right beside an engineering building! However, it's not all just playing around, unfortunately. Along with coming back and seeing everyone on campus comes the start of classes, and let me just say, my schedule isn't exactly a piece of cake this semester!

My Mondays are killer - with classes starting at 8:30 and going until 4:30 with only a lunch break in between, I've got a rough start to the week, but I can't complain too much, because I really enjoy my classes this semester! For my Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences major I was told many times last year that it is key to get involved with a research lab on campus. This opportunity provides you with not only credits, but a closer relationship with your professor, and unique experiences working in a research setting! So far it's been fairly interesting, and I'm learning a lot about the processes and responsibilities of working in a lab. I'm excited to see what the rest of the semester brings!

--- Ariel Demoret

No comments:

Post a Comment