HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The 2011 Purdue All-American Marching Band

Upon my returning to Purdue University for another year brought many tribulations of getting a new dorm room, having new, additional roommates, reacquainting with old friends, and of course returning to another year of being involved in Purdue’s All-American Marching Band. However in order to be in this band I had to go through a whole week of band camp, which took place the week before classes started here at Purdue. This would determine whether or not I would again be a part of the 2011 marching band.

I was fortune to be selected in the band last year and that allowed me to have some of the most amazing experiences in my life. Last fall the band had been invited to march in the 2010 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City so myself, along with 400+ students that were in the marching band, traveled 12 hours by bus to the “Big Apple” to be a significant part in this amazing celebration. Not only did we march in the parade but we were blessed to be the start of the parade! I had so much fun last year that I made the decision to be a returning veteran, along with some of my friends, to once again be a part of such an amazing group of people.

After a week of relearning the steps, playing music, and enduring the heat, I found out at the end of the week that I had once again been selected to be a member of “The Best D--- Band in the Land”! After a long, but exciting week I celebrated with my friends and ended the last day with a well deserved fountain run! I am proud to be a part of such a spirited and remarkable group of people. I am excited for the football season to commence so that once again we can lift the spirits of the Purdue fans with our incredible playing and marching. We truly are the best band in the land!

--- Alyssa Major

No comments:

Post a Comment