HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whirl-Wind

This summer has been a whirl-wind of events… I can’t believe there are just a few short weeks left!

My summer classes will be ending in a week and a half (yay!) and I will have two precious weeks left before classes begin all over again. This fall is going to be busier than any semester I’ve had before, or so I suspect. I’ll be working part time for the first time during full-time classes, something I’ve never done before. It is a very flexible job, where I can stop in for an hour here, three hours there, but I’m worried when I’m going to have time for everything else. Everything else includes: my sorority, my dogs (I have two pups), being a student ambassador, and being the secretary of my honorary. I’m a bit afraid about how this will all work together, but I won’t know until I try it :). I guess this means taking one step at a time, starting of course with recruitment, the biggest back-to-school event for female Greeks. The process starts the weekend after we get back from school, but don’t think we haven’t prepared ahead of time for this. The truth is, sororities plan all year for recruitment, and we can’t wait to get our new members each fall! This year I will be getting a Grand Little, which means my Little’s Little. A bit confusing, but I couldn’t be more excited. Living in a sorority house is a bit surreal sometimes, but it’s one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. I’m so glad I get to spend one more year in our beautiful house with all of my friends. Then after that it’s onto the real world (what I consider apartment living) haha. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer!

--- Colleen Troke

No comments:

Post a Comment