HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Trails at Rockin' B Ranch

I am getting close to the end of my summer design internship at Rockin’ B Clothing. I have had a great time learning the ropes at the Rockin’ B Ranch in Lafayette. I get to work hand in hand with the talented owner and designer Jess, a Purdue alumnus.

Everyday has been a new experience filled with adventure and exciting projects. Some of the things I have been working on include cutting fabric, hand stitching, writing a news letter, making Excel documents, listing merchandise online, editing photos to making flats on Illustrator, and testing fabric.

My two major summer projects for Rockin’ B Clothing have been compiling a wholesale client list and designing a clutch. I researched and organized information from about 500 retailers which could be potential clients. Then I designed, patterned, and did preproduction of a clutch. The clutch project has been a success and the Ranch Hand Clutch is available for sale at rockinbclothing.com. It has been great to see people purchase one of my own designs!

Jess has taken me on outings outside of the Rockin’ B Ranch, too. I have gotten to experience meeting with a fabric representative, attending a trade show, vending at the Road Rocket’s Rumble car show, and exhibiting at a gallery walk. This is a picture of the Rockin’ B Clothing set up at the Road Rocket’s Rumble event where the Ranch Hand Clutch debuted.

























As we say here at Rockin’ B… Happy Trails!

--- Kelsey Leliaert

No comments:

Post a Comment