HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Internship in Chicago

This summer has flown by a lot faster than I wanted it too. As a lot of you know I am working in the north suburbs of Chicago at Takeda Pharmaceutical. I was very nervous at the beginning because I did not know what to expect the job to be like. I am a summer financial analyst and I have not worked with some of the software I needed to know for the job. The first two weeks was basically dedicated to me learning the systems. Once I learned the systems I was very comfortable with the work I was doing. Although I am working for a pharmaceutical company, I did not know a lot about the industry. I made friends with the pharmaceutical interns and they have taught me a lot about what goes on in the research and development side of the business. The best part of the internship is they treat us like royalty. First, they paid for us to live in our own apartment for the entire summer and gave us access to lifetime fitness, which has an outdoor water park. Then they sponsor a lot of fun activities during and after work, where we can network with other managers and interns. The best activity we have done is attending a White Sox game. Even though I am a diehard Cubs fan I was excited to go to this event because we had box seats. We got all the food and drinks (if you are 21) we could ever want. After the game me and some of the interns extended our stay down town and went to some of the area bars. I only have three weeks left at Takeda, which kind of makes me sad but I think I am ready to move back to Purdue to have a very good senior year!

--- Dan Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment