HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Life is Good

I've been working so hard over these past few years. I can taste graduation, but it's really a semester away. Some days I find myself asking if everything I do is really worth it all.

This week has defined my college career. I was able to renew my scholarship, Gladys E. Vail, and I got the internship that I was really looking forward towards. I am going to intern at my first choice location with Nordstrom at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, CA! The best part about the internship, not only is Nordstrom rated as one of the best companies to work for by Forbes, the internship program holds much promise for my future after Purdue. Upon successful completion of the internship, I will be offered, at least, an Assistant Manager position at any Nordstrom with an open position, throughout the USA. I aspire to be a Senior Buyer, but with a company like Nordstrom that primarily utilizes internal promotion then I will have to work my way up the ranks. Many of my friends have also been "Nordie" interns, and I've only heard unrelenting positivity about the program.

My sister lives in the Bay Area so I will luckily be staying with her.California, to me, is still uncharted territory since I have only visited the state for brief vacations. I love to explore new surroundings, which is why I opted for an out-of-state university, a minor in French (which I got to travel to France as a required component of my Gastronomy course), and an internship in a "new" state.

The possibilities are endless, just ask Bert and John:
http://www.lifeisgood.com/about.

Best Regards,
Tammy :>

No comments:

Post a Comment