HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Research

This semester, I decided to take a Psychology 390 class, which is a class that allows undergraduate students to work in a professor’s lab. I am so happy that I decided to take this class because it has allowed me to learn so much. I work in a brain and behavioral lab, which specifically researches the effects of artificial sweeteners on the body. Each day that I go to the lab I learn something new and it is kind of exciting to be a part of a professor’s research lab. My jobs in the lab are to weight out food for the rat and take the body weights of the rats. At first I was afraid of them but now I’m used to them. Just being in the lab has taught me a lot about the field that I am studying. I enjoy this class so much that I plan on taking it next semester. Hopefully, I will get to work in the lab over the summer and experience more that the lab has to offer.

--- Ciatu Fahnbulleh

No comments:

Post a Comment