HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cooperative Housing - a GREAT Decision!!!!

The best decision I made senior year of high school was to attend Purdue University. The second best decision was to go through the Purdue Cooperative Housing Recruitment. I was attracted to Cooperatives because I could move in as a freshman and have an instant social life and support system at such a large Big Ten University. As I researched the Cooperative system, I learned more about its close knit community, affordability, leadership opportunities, campus involvement, and great locations.

My senior year of high school, I came down to Purdue for one of the Saturdays of Formal Recruitment and visited each of the seven women’s houses (Ann Tweedle, Devonshire, Glenwood, Maclure, Shoemaker, Stewart, and Twin Pines.) The Recruitment experience was great. Throughout the day, I got to meet so many people and enjoyed seeing the personality of each house. The next week I received invitations from houses inviting me back the following weekend for Informal Recruitment. Informal Recruitment was really fun and laid back and gave me the opportunity to talk with the members of the houses I was interested in living at. During the next week, I got a phone call from Twin Pines asking me to live at their house in the Fall and I said YES!

Twin Pines Cooperative is the perfect fit for me. I have had some amazing experiences, learned a lot, and made lifelong friends. It is currently my third year at Twin Pines and I couldn't imagine my life at Purdue without Twin Pines.

This year's Cooperative Housing Formal Recruitment is January 28th and February 4th. If you want to find out more about Cooperative Housing visit http://www.purduecooperatives.org/.


---Kelsey Leliaert

No comments:

Post a Comment