HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy 2012!

I don’t think I could’ve started off the New Year better than a trip to Aspen, Colorado with the Purdue Ski and Snow Board Club.

I hadn’t been skiing in ten years, but with the help of my very savvy ski instructor and tips from all of my friends, I had the time of my life! Around two hundred of us left on the afternoon of New Year’s Day on three huge buses for Colorado. Twenty-seven hours later we were unloading our bags in Snow Mass, one of the four mountain villages included in what is considered the Aspen area.

Our trip was full of surprises: lost ski boots, lost lift passes, bouts of altitude sickness, and a sprained wrist… but all of this couldn’t have stopped our group from having a good time! We had eight altogether in our cozy condo on the side of the mountain, which we named our “Aspen Family.” Coffee in the morning and hot cocoa at night (along with sore muscles and runny noses) kept our little family tight-knit. J
Aspen itself really has the capacity to “wow” anyone… from the tall peaks and beautiful slopes, to the tourists it attracts, being there is quite an experience. Although I didn’t know it, Aspen is actually one the major global ski capitals. In fact, my group ski lesson was with an Australian, a Puerto Rican, and an Italian; I was literally the only American! It was so interesting to meet the different people, get to know more of the Purdue students in the club, and just soak in the sights.

This was the trip of a lifetime and I’m so glad that I got the opportunity to go through Purdue. What a way to start the year!

-- Colleen Troke

No comments:

Post a Comment