HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Is it really possible?!

Well, finals week is upon us and another school year is coming to a close. As I look back on my junior year I am absolutely amazed at how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday that I was loading up my car to move into Earhart Residence Hall for BGR week as a freshman. And now here I am, on the threshold of my senior year! Yikes! The past three years have held many experiences that have shaped the person that I am today. It’s funny to think about how much I have grown from my freshman year up until now. I have friends from all parts of not only the country, but the world…I helped coordinate one of the greatest traditions at Purdue (Grand Prix)…and I have had the opportunity to learn from some of the best and brightest. I continually am humbled by these blessings in my life.

Going into my senior year is a surreal feeling. I am preparing to take the GRE (Graduate Records Exam) at the end of May, and will begin applying to graduate schools in the fall. Throughout high school and the first few years here at Purdue I was preparing for my future…all of a sudden that future is becoming a reality. Things are falling into place!

This summer I will be returning to Camp Tecumseh for my 2nd year as a resident camp counselor. I could not be more excited to head back to Tecumseh Bend Road and be reunited with some of the best friends that I have ever made. Camp Tecumseh definitely holds a special place in my heart; if you were ever a camper there you probably know what I mean!! J

To all you incoming freshman, I hope you realize how awesome the next few years will be for you. There will be tough times for sure, but your life will be changed by the experiences that you will encounter. I encourage you to meet as many new people as possible and try lots of new things…you will never be in a place again where there are so many opportunities to get involved with such a variety of activities! Best of luck to you in your journey at Purdue and BOILER UP!!!



Ciao!
Leslie






No comments:

Post a Comment