HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Starting off the Summer Right!

Packing up the car, driving home and sleeping, that is what the beginning of my summer has entailed. After finishing up with finals at Purdue I took 2 weeks and had the chance to relax at home with friends and family. I was able to sleep in, visit friends in Indy, hang out with my family and friends around my hometown of Columbus. It has been wonderful relaxing and enjoying the warm days. Sadly I had to face the fact that I have to go to work this summer. I am working at the Bartholomew County Extension Office as their 4-H intern. It should be quite a busy summer. Right now I am just doing a lot of typing up letters, sending out mailings and boring stuff like that. I am ready for the fun to begin with the Fair which will be July 10-18th. I get to be in charge of a few things which is neat like the Public Speaking & Demonstration Contest, the Fashion Revue, Planning 4-H Camp, Organizing the Drive Through Lunch, Setting up 10 Year Member Display and Making sure everything gets put together for Fair. It is keeping me busy, but I do miss the relaxing, sleeping in and being outside. I know that my hard work will pay off and I will learn important things, but I am ready to call it a day and head home to my family. I hope that with new adventures and challenges that lay ahead of me I will be able to learn what I want to do in the future, learn if I want to go into Extension or maybe doing something might interest me more. Even with these responsibilities to keep me busy I am planning on having fun this summer, traveling to Bloomington and going hiking, going to a country music concert at Verizon, spending weekends with family and friends, traveling to Indy every now and then and catching up on my sleep. All in all summer has started off right and I am enjoying what I am doing so far!

Anna <><

No comments:

Post a Comment