HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Internship

This month has been so exciting while I have been hunting for an internship. As part of my requirements for my major, I have to find a full-time internship in the human services field. I have spent endless hours perfecting my resume and cover letter, searching for organizations on Google, preparing for interviews, and writing thank-you letters. While it was a stressful journey, it was rewarding and I learned so much. So now for the big reveal… I accepted an internship at two elementary schools as a counselor. I could not be more thrilled for this opportunity and the closer it gets, the more excited I become. This is one career that I am so interested in and cannot wait to have hands-on experience. The one downfall will be leaving Purdue. The thought of it makes me so sad, and I have been trying not to let myself think about it. There will be so much that I will miss but I can say that Purdue has prepared me so much and I am finally ready for the real world. But before that, it is time to buckle down, study hard, and finish these last few finals that I will ever take at Purdue (am I really saying that already?)

Boiler up,

--- Jacey

No comments:

Post a Comment