HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Major Changes!!

The first few weeks of this semester were a whirlwind for me!

After a week of classes, I decided to switch my major. I was previously in Nursing. While Nursing is a wonderful profession filled with caring and hard working people, the first week of classes confirmed my feelings that I was not destined to be a nurse. Luckily, I was able to find a major that fit my personality much better, while also continuing to be in HHS. I switched my major to Human Services in the department of Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS). Not only does that major provide a great amount of core classes that spark my interest, but it has a lot of elective space, making my transition from Nursing to Human Services seamless. I did not lose any credits, and can still finish in 4 years, even if I decide to minor in a few things.

I am loving my classes now, and can't wait to take more classes in HDFS.

--- Stacy Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment