HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Loving Boston

I cannot believe that this is my last summer before I graduate college. Even while writing that sentence, I hesitated and almost wrote ‘high school’…weird how quickly time passes. During junior year I realized that I needed to make this last break memorable and decided to spend it in Boston with my sister. With that geographical location in mind, I then started looking for jobs and/or internships. I then came across a company called Ecolab and began a 10 step interview process, which led me to where I am today.

I just finished a 10 ½ hour workday and absolutely love my job! Every time someone asks me what I do, I hesitate because it is somewhat hard to explain and once I explain, the concept never comes out as cool as it should. Never the less, I will try. On a typical day I travel around to many different restaurants and hotels repairing and maintaining dish machines in addition to selling chemicals, sanitizers, and many other products that go along with back of the house operations in the hospitality industry. While that does not sound glamorous, I get to meet many amazing chefs, try their food, meet amazing people, and do this many times over all around Boston at most of the best restaurants in the city.
Other than work, I’ve had some time to do some pretty fun stuff! During the fourth of July I watched the fire works on the Charles River while the Boston Pops played. I also pardoned (sic) the Sam Adams Brewery, Harpoon Brew Fest, Boston Red Sox Game, Cheers Bar, and many, many more places that I cant think of off the top of my head. It is a wonderful city full of young people that I hope to live in when I graduate.
Lisa Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment