HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Monday, May 3, 2010

SAO Awards Dinner

I had the opportunity to receive a scholarship at the Student Awards Organization Dinner a few weeks ago. I was so excited when I got the email saying that I had been awarded a scholarship and that the formal presentation would be at this dinner. Throughout my time in high school and college I have been applying for scholarships to help pay for school. Thankfully each year I have had the opportunity to receive at least one scholarship to fund my education. I have learned that no matter the size of the scholarship, large or small, every dollar counts! I would encourage everyone who reads this to take the time to apply for scholarships if you are a student. There are so many people and organizations willing to help and support you if you take the time to fill out the application. Thankfully along the way I have had numerous mentors, advisors and past employers write recommendation letters for me. I could not have received all the scholarships that I have without their willingness to help and support me. So thank you to each person, advisor, professor and family member who has assisted me in applying for scholarships and jobs. I am excited for this next year as a dietetic intern in the Coordinated Program here at Purdue. I will continue to work hard and put that scholarship money to good use.

~ Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment