HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dietetics Student with an Internship

     Finally, after almost 3 ½ years of hard work at Purdue University, I can say that I have a dietetic internship. I applied to the Coordinated Program in Dietetics (CPD) about a month ago, went through the interview process and after a long fall break learned that I had been accepted!
     If you would have asked me as a freshman if I would be applying to the CPD I would have told you “no” and that I wanted to end up somewhere else far away from home; however, I am excited to stay in the West Lafayette area and hopefully learn so much along the way. It is crazy how throughout college your perspective and priorities change. At the beginning of college I was carefree, independent, had no strings tying me anywhere and I was ready to take on the world. Now, as a senior, I am much more aware of the world outside of Purdue and I am so eager to work through my internship and eventually become a Registered Dietitian.
     Now my sights are on hopefully staying in West Lafayette and doing rotations in the area because this has become like my home and I want to stay here for another 1 ½ years at least. I have realized that as I have been looking forward to graduation I am realizing how great college is and being a student has some advantages, but I am eager to finally be able to work and eventually start earning money as a RD.
     There are so many exciting things in my future such as getting through class at Purdue, finding out my placement for rotations in the CPD, finding a place to live, learning to work in different environments with various rotations and finally graduating in August 2011. Purdue is a wonderful place to be a student in CFS and having such great advisors who I know will continue to be there and guide me along this new adventure on my horizon. Without their help and support I would not be here today looking forward to a wonderful internship and exciting plans in the future. As a senior with a double major in Dietetics and Nutrition, Fitness & Health, who has an internship, thank you to everyone who has helped me get where I am today and who will continue to guide me in the future!
~Anna

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your acceptance to the CPD! I loved the program and felt the exact same way about staying in West Lafayette. I still wish I was there:-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete