HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Life as a Resident Assistant

Over the summer I received a call to be an RA at Harrison Hall and immediately I jumped on the offer. Being an RA you are expected to be “on duty” four nights a week. You may ask what does being on duty entail? Well basically you have to be in you in your room from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am. While you are on duty you must be available for your residents to answer questions and assist with other conflicts that may arise. You are also responsible for putting on programs relating to diversity, sports, and trips. So far we have done floor dinners, where your whole floor goes to a dining court, as well as intramural sports.

You also receive great benefits from Purdue. As an RA, Purdue pays for your room and board, as well in-state tuition. Being an out-of-state student, this helps greatly! My mom took the picture when I moved in; I wanted to look as intimidating as possible for my residents. I put that picture up on my bulletin board so when they arrived during Boiler Gold Rush they would see just how threatening I could look!

No comments:

Post a Comment