HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

"That Girl" part 1.

Statue of Liberty
Hey! Welcome prospective students and new ambassadors! I’m Ashley, and I am currently in my third year of studies as a Fashion Design major. This year I traveled to New York City to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology for their one year Design AAS degree program. For those who are unfamiliar with this program – Purdue lets you take courses at FIT that transfer to third yr equivalent classes at Purdue, obtain an Associate’s from FIT, and then return your senior year to finish your Bachelor’s requirements.

Manhattan skyline from Jersey

After taking May-mester courses and an internship in Indianapolis this summer, I adjusted to being displaced and living independently, so the move went very well. I am currently living with 3 freshmen, all in different majors here at FIT, in an apartment-style dorm: we have two bedrooms, one bath, and a kitchen/dining area. I previously thought the space would be significantly smaller than normal, since it is in fact NYC, but it’s actually larger than I expected! I will post pictures once we purchase everything we need for the apartment and get it cleaned up a bit.

Night in the city from atop the Empire State Building
We’ve had a week of orientation activities full of things to do and sights to see around the city. My parents, who have never toured NYC, stayed until Wednesday, and we visited sites as far north as Central Park and the Trump Tower in Uptown to the Financial District in Downtown. [Shown is a view from the top of the Empire State Building.] Tomorrow a couple of girls and I are headed to Brooklyn to find a Target, see some boutiques, and get some really good pizza.
Times Square
Classes begin on Monday and I’m preparing myself for no life haha. But I’m going to love it, that I’m for sure of. I’ve signed up for Fashion Week and have purchased a couple of concert tickets, so I plan on still enjoying what the city has to offer alongside working non-stop.
The Fashion District
I’ll try and blog as much as possible. In the meantime, I hope everyone back at Purdue has a great fall semester. I’ll miss all the tailgating and games on Saturdays – Go Boilers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment