HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Jaci’s February Blog

I am so excited for the new semester. I just entered a new major, Public Health Promotions and I love my new classes. My favorite class thus far is Human Diseases and Disorders. It is so interesting to learn the causes and treatments for diseases. It is definitely an educational class for anyone on campus. You can learn about the diseases you may be at risk for or the consequences that may take place because of the way you treat your body now.

I have been extremely busy with applying to internships. I am constantly searching the web for new opportunities. I hope to find an internship that deals with inequalities in our healthcare system. I’d like to be involved with creating a program that helps the people who do not receive good healthcare. I do not know where my career will take me, but I hope that an internship will give me the opportunities to better myself as a health educator.

Purdue recently sponsored ESPN College Gameday. They would not let us camp-out the night before for good seats because the weather conditions were dangerously cold. So, some friends and I woke up at 6am to make our trek to Mackey Arena. There was so much enthusiasm coming from all of the students, even though we all lacked sleep. I am not sure if I made it on television, but it was an awesome experience!

On a more non-academic note, I am looking counting the hours already until springbreak. I am going visit my sister in Houston, Texas. I am so excited to see the sun finally!! Last year, we went to the Houston Rodeo and it was quite the experience. I can’t wait to go again! This year, I’ll remember my cowboy boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment