HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fashion Week 2011

I entered through the doors and it was if I’d never left. Familiar faces of design team members greeted me, welcoming the assistance; new intern faces greeted me with questioning glances. We worked until the late hours, stitching away at hems, cutting geometric shapes for glove cuffs, attaching buttons, and helping in any other way possible.

My return to NYC was elongated compared to my visit in September – I took five days off to source more fabric and trims for my senior collection, help out at Cynthia Rowley prior to the show, and to work the runway show backstage on February 11, 2011.

It still all flew by quite quickly. I spent two full evenings and one whole day with CR and the rest of the time running around the garment district with my checklist. The city was the same as it will always be – fast paced, business oriented, and a culture overload. But I loved it nonetheless. I obtained everything necessary to complete my collection, met with good friends I’d gone to school at F.I.T. with, and was able to assist with a great group of individuals in the completion of a splendid, dimensional collection.

Check out cynthiarowley.com for the full runway video! I also hope to see you all at the Purdue Fashion Show on April 2, 2011.

-- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment