HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Semester Down, One to Go

For the first three years of college, I exerted myself to be the best in every way; I maintained a perfect 4.0 GPA, involved myself in many extra curricular activities, spent my summers as an intern and what little time I had left, worked at Ross Ade Pavilion as a suite captain. After returning from my past internship in Boston and receiving a full time job offer, I decided that I should redirect my path my senior year. Not to say, ‘go crazy’, but definitely dabble in a couple of events that I feel I missed out on during my first three years of school.
For one, with my job as a suite captain, I had unfortunately missed every game as a student/fan. In addition, I had only tailgated a handful of times. With that said, this became one of my favorite things to do this year during the football season. My parents came up during Eastern Toledo, Wisconsin, and IU. For all three games they made a ton of food and invited all of my friends to come over and tailgate with us. During the IU game, we had four cars, three tents, and more food to know what to do with.

In addition to the actual football game is breakfast club. This is an event for twenty-one year olds and over. The bars open at 7 am in the morning on the day of home football games, everyone dresses up in catchy outfits, somewhat like Halloween. It is a great time to catch-up with friends and see whose outfit is the best!
Lastly, I think one of the most important things I did this past semester was live in the moment and do whatever I could to be with my friends and have fun. While schoolwork was still the most important and I always made sure it was finished, I also tried to make equal amounts of time for friends. For instance, two of my good friends and I would make a gourmet dinner on Sunday nights when all of us where free; each of us had such a great time, I will never forget it. Being that one of them graduated, we will not be able to do it again next semester.
As a result, I do not regret my first three years for what I missed out on due to my success. I had countless successful internships, exposed to many networking opportunities, and a job offer during my first semester senior year with my top company choice. But now, it is my time to relax and enjoy, spend time with friends, explore life and have fun because it only happens once!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment