HHS Ambassadors at Purdue

OUR NEW BLOG IS LOCATED AT


Come and see all the new information we have created to let you see what the College of Health & Human Sciences at Purdue University is all about!

Boiler Up!!!!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Where Have the Days Gone?

Hello friends!

My oh my, where has the time gone? It is already February 3, 2010…which means I have exactly 57 days of class left! Wow! That definitely puts things into perspective. Last semester was over in the blink of an eye, and I know that the next 57 days (plus weekends) are going to as well. Senior year has been going very well; it has been a lot of fun for me and I am simply enjoying the time that I have left here at Purdue. One exciting thing that I have been doing lately is applying to grad schools.

I started the year with aspirations of applying to around five different grad programs, but that number quickly dwindled down to three. Once I got into the swing of the semester and started doing some more research, I really narrowed my focus as to what I wanted from a grad school, which helped in deciding where I would like to go. My first application submitted was to Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. Vanderbilt is my “reach school,” and honestly, I’m not planning on going there. I recently submitted my application to Butler University here in Indiana, and will be submitting my final application to IUPUI sometime within the next week. IUPUI is my top choice right now. There were many factors about IUPUI that put it at the top of my list. First, I liked that I can start classes in the summer. Many school counseling programs are pretty strict as far as what classes I would take when, but I feel like IUPUI has a little more flexibility for me to choose my schedule. I also like that I would have a variety of schools to choose from when doing my practicum and internship experiences. Indianapolis and its surrounding areas are very diverse, which only increases my opportunity to get a wide variety of experience. Finally, Indianapolis is a great city, and I am excited about the prospect of living fairly close to downtown. It will be a totally new experience for me, but I am up for the challenge!

So, now I wait…and wait…and wait some more. The grad school application process can be slightly intimidating, but as long as you stay organized and keep your things in order it is definitely doable. The last four years here at Purdue have given me many wonderful experiences, and prepared me for the next chapter in my life. Grad school, here I come!!

TaTa for now!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment